Everyone else seems to be doing some reminiscing as 2009 begins… I started writing a big post thinking about each month, and linking to some posts throughout the year… but after doing it for January and then trying to start February, I decided it was too hard :)
But 2008 will easily go down as one of the most memorable of my life. Let me list why:
- Met and started going out with Debbie
- Had 3 weeks off work in a row (longest since I started working full time), and did two Kedrons in a month
- Proposed to Debbie and began planning our wedding
- Worked out that God had decided it was time for me to leave Toongabbie Baptist Church after 9 years
- Realised it was time to leave the House of Bach after 2 and a half years living there
- Moved away from Toongabbie for the first time in nearly 20 years, and moved into Normanhurst
- Had my last night as a member of Toongabbie Bapts, and became a part of Thornleigh Community Baptist Church
- Became an uncle… sort of :)
So there you go… many, many huge things happened for me last year. But this year is going to be equally amazing as I begin it by getting married and beginning the journey of being a husband. I’m looking forward to what God has planned for us in ’09!
And this will most likely be the last post before I get back from my honeymoon. To all my friends who will be there on Saturday, looking forward to seeing you all!
See you on the other side… when I’ll be a husband!